Friday, November 24, 2006

Does the name Traveling academy or Exchange academy suit our project better

Sopo suggest Exchange Academy and why:

Traveling means moving from one space to another, we might be moving from one building to another, but we stay in Tbilisi and Georgia. the word traveling brings me to another association.

Why the Dutch group and we think academy is important, is because learning process is important. And we want to learn through exchange, the fact that we inter-exchange creates the natural way of learning from each other. That’s I guess why Nini said that the academy already in it’s core shows the exchange of ideas, but I wonder, does it?

What academy tells me is the academic approach, thus hierarchy and one teaching to another. that’s why I think Exchange academy will stand for equality and alternative way of education.

I’m open to new suggestions, but somehow traveling lost its’ meaning for me in this context.


Nini wrote:

for now i can tell that i like traveling academy better than exchange, academy means for me already exchange of ideas, knowledge and everything, and the thing that it is traveling, and we are gonna expand and have got network in many countries i prefer traveling.
but maybe sopo has got good reasons for preferring exchange. we can still discuss it

Nadia wrote:

creating a blog is a great idea!:))
about traveling... i also agree, this sounds strange, for me, because it also remains me on tourists, but moving from one space to another, as u sopo said, i like it, as a movement artist:))) that tells me something. when u have learned something u have changed your place...like moved further...
may be perpeto mobiele? :)) (don't know the right spelling, endless mechanism) it is also what a generations gives to the next generation...the knowledge, even sometimes wrong knowledge, but we still continue learning...

the word Academy has also something conservative.
may be we can try with some irony, what i really liked in the "Georgia ,here we come" it has humor and one can imagine everything..

let's move the mobile further...:))



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?